Monday, July 22, 2013

Honduras: Day 7

My final day in Honduras. It was a free day. The Houston group went and did some tourist stuff all day, but I stayed at the hotel to rest, reflect, read, and pray. Mostly because I don't care for doing "touristy" stuff, bit also because I really needed the rest. The picture is of my reading/thinking chair outside my hotel room.

 

The rest was good, especially since I have a full day of traveling tomorrow - about 4 1/2 hours of driving and about 5 1/2 to 6 hours of flights to sleep in my own bed tomorrow night. So resting today was important for me today.

I went to the restaurant in the hotel today and paid entirely too much for a very thin hamburger but it was a nice experience. The whole day was refreshing.

As I read part of Nehemiah today, I though about worship. Nehemiah 12:43 says,

And they offered great sacrifices that day and rejoiced, for God had made them rejoice with great joy; the women and children also rejoiced. And the joy of Jerusalem was heard far away.

It made me think of the singing in the churches we worshipped this week. The people we so free in their worship singing and were so loud that people could hear them from down the road. This verse in Nehemiah speaks if all of God's people walking on the wall around the city being lead by a choir. Their rejoicing and singing out to the Lord was heard from far away.

It is too bad that many in the American church are reserved in their worship and make worship about preference instead about the Almighty Creator and Sustainer of Life.

It is my prayer that when I return home that my worship will be free and about God and not concerned with how I look or what music I like. I want God to make me rejoice with great joy!

 

0 comments: