Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pictures from Honduras #1

Now that I am home from my trip, I wanted to post some pictures since I was not able to while I was there. I wanted today to be about the reason I went: the pastors and church leaders who I was teaching. Descriptions will be below each picture. Here are some pictures of them (click picture for a larger image):

This is the church we met in. As you can see, we had a good group and they were all eager to dig deeper into the Word of God.

We started each session with a short worship service. They were not afraid to sing at the top of their lungs and raise their hands to the One True God. It was refreshing to be around such honest and heart felt worship.
 
Some of the pastors live a LONG way from where we had classes. One group lived 6 hours away! Here is a group of pastors on their way home after one of the days. The pastor in the cowboy hat was present at last year's Bible Institute, as well. He lives in the mountains and walks an hour down the mountain and then rides a bike another hour to get to the classes. 

When we finished all of the sessions for both classes, we had a group pictures. These in this group are those who were present for every session for both classes. I was impressed not only with the men who attended the classes, but the women as well. Note the one who brought her little one with her. 

 Here is the group with the certificates they received for completing the two classes. They receive certificates after every Bible Institute and then when they complete the entire set of classes (which should take about three years), they will receive a diploma saying they have completed the program. It will not be a degree but it will give them what they need to be equipped to lead whatever ministry they are serving.  
 
This young couple came up to me after the group took the picture with the certificates. They asked if I would take a picture with them. They are probably 23 to 25 years old and she is pregnant. I was honored that they wanted me to take a picture with them...and whenever asks to take my picture, I also take one of them.
 
 
What an honor it was to spend time with these pastors and church leaders in order to help them minister better. I was blessed to be able to do this.
 
More pictures to come...

0 comments: