Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mission!

Today we landed in Honduras. I met the team with no problem and had a good flight.

We drove about a hour from San Pedro Sula toward La Ceiba and stopped for lunch. After that, we drive for another two hours to La Masica where my driver and his son live. So they stopped at their house and told me I was driving the rest of the way to La Ceiba! I found out that their traffic laws are fairly different from ours and they are not strictly enforced. I had no idea what the speed limit was nor how fast I was going. And if it wasn't for Ruth, the interpreter for our vehicle, I would not have known where I was going. It was quite an adventure. I will try to post a picture of the van-truck I was driving.

We stayed the night in La Ceiba. The group walked over to the local Mall and had some dinner, bought some bottled water, and then came back to the hotel. We will get ready to drive to Olanchito on Wednesday where we will spend the next five days.

Pray for me as I start classes on Wednesday afternoon.

 

0 comments: