Friday, June 01, 2007

What is this all about?

Well, I am going to try this blog thing. I am not sure how much my thoughts are worth reading but I will post them anyway. I am guessing this blog with be a conglomeration of theological thoughts, personal antidotes, interesting resources I have found, worthwhile quotations, thoughts on current events, and things like that. I suppose like most blogs, will post regularly at first but then eventually post sporadically.

I guess I will start with the title of this blog and its related website: The 2 Timothy 2:2 Objective. Paul tells Timothy in 2 Timothy 2:2 "The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also" (NASB). This verse encapsulates discipleship in a four-generational ministry. Paul -> Timothy -> faithful men -> others. This is my desire and my passion. It is my prayer that something from this blog or accompanying website contributes in some way in the discipleship process.

Please post your thoughts as well. I would love to hear if you find this helpful or if you would like to see something addressed.

0 comments: