Friday, June 22, 2007

Too Late to be Blogging

It is almost 3:00 AM and I cannot sleep. This usually means God is trying to get my attention. At 1:00 AM, I decided I would read my Roger Williams biography. I did that for an hour and still wide awake. I got up at 2:00 AM and went to the basement (my study/office/poolhall) and looked into God's Word and in prayer sought Him out. I was looking over a sermon I gave a week or so ago in Psalm 119. I referenced a verse in Isaiah. Here is the verse that struck me at about 2:30 this morning (you will love this, Kim):

Yahweh will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will stregthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11, NIV

There were others verses I found through Scripture that really spoke to me in my search for God's Will. I continue to pray for God's guidance but right now I would settle for enough peace to get to sleep.

0 comments: