Sunday, June 24, 2007

Remembering Being a Bapitst

I came across a an interesting mnemonic device the other day that will help one remember what it means to be a Baptist. It is in the form of an acrostic:

Biblical Authroity
Autonomy of the Local Church
Priesthood of the Believer
Two Ordinaces (Believer's Baptism and Communion)
Individual Soul Liberty
Separation of Church and State
Two Offices of the Church (Pastor and Deacon)


This is a pretty decent overview of what it means to be a Baptist. While there is more that could be detailed here, this would give someone a great understanding of the basics to which Baptists hold. When I saw it, I wanted to share it with others. I hope this is helpful to someone.

By the way, I retrieved this from and specifically from the section detailing different Christian denominations, and under that, the Baptist link . This website would be useful when investigating different world religions. While I do not think it is a "Christian" site, it is worth browsing through as it give objective facts about all kinds of different religions.

I like memory devices like this because they help communicate difficult information easily and quickly. It is like the FAITH evangelism stradegy in which each letter stands for another aspect of helping someone understand salvation. Again, just easy ways to remember. And I am always needing more and more help in that department.

0 comments: