Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Catching Up...

My family and I were in Nevada for about five days meeting a church which is possibly interested in me as their pastor. So I got behind on the blog. I did try to remember the funniest things I heard along the trip. I posted them below to catch up on those.

As for the church we visited, what a great body of believers! They treated my family and me so very kind. These believers are in the middle of Mormon country and in the middle of the desert AND in the middle of gambling country. Yet, there is this group of Christians growing and serving the Lord together. It is really great.

My family and I are praying for God's direction for the pulpit committee and for our family.

In the mean time, I still have to get at least one more instructor lined up for the Fall 2007 semester at Pikes Peak Bible Institute, preferably two instructors. Once the instructors are enlisted, I need to get a mailing out to the students and churches in our area. I also need to complete two syllabi for the classes for these classes.

Additionally, I need to finish my sermon series of Psalm 119. I have been sharing these at the church were I am a member (Heritage Baptist Church of Colorado Springs). I am almost done. Today, I finished the sermon taking me through verse 144 out of 176 verses. I have four more to go and I will have preached through that chapter (23 sermons).

I need to get a couple sermons ready because I will be subbing for my friend, Pastor Tony Magar at Calvary Fellowship Monument in a couple of weeks. I always look forward to preaching at CFM. They have an AWESOME praise band which really leads people to worship God.

This is all in addition to regular house/yard maintenance, my personal study of Obadiah (sooo close to being done), reading, and just plain life... I have some catching up to do.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Pastor Kenneson, check out Google through your google gmail, or Rhondas. This is a good source for free web hosting,
I cut and pasted this from part of it.

Welcome to Google Docs & Spreadsheets!

With Google Docs & Spreadsheets, you can:

* Use our online editor to format documents, spell-check and more.
* Upload Word documents, OpenOffice, RTF, HTML or text.
* Download documents to your desktop as Word, PDF and more.
* View your documents' revision history and roll back to any version.

Plus, since it's online, you can:

* Invite others to share your documents by e-mail address.
* Edit documents online with whomever you choose.
* Publish documents online to the world, or to just who you choose.
* Post your documents to your blog.

To learn more about Google Docs & Spreadsheets, click here.

Kimberly said...

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4zm3bt_4fpx9dr

through word doc on google, I automaticly published this sample to my blog, as well as to this above link. Very easy and I hope you find it usefull for you 2tim2:2 web for\archiving. I will be deleting it from my blog, but you can see it at the link above.

Mark said...

A triple whammy:hot, Mormon gamblers! There is always a remnant, it seems. I will continue to pray with you for God's direction.