Sunday, September 02, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me...and Larry

Today was my birthday. I share my birthday with my father-in-law. We were 101 years old today (Him 63 and me 38). We had a good day. I enjoy sharing my birthday with my father-in-law.

I am not sure if I have any thought provoking insights from today except that I am at my middle age if I live to 76 years old. I could not find what the average age of men are when they die but I am guessing it is mid-70’s. Anyway, I have probably lived half my life (obviously this is only if the Lord does not have anything different planned).

I guess I am just thinking about the whole of my life and that I desperately want to hear Jesus tell me “Well done, good and faithful servant.” I pray that my life so far has had more positive than negative when it comes to things eternal. I pray that I have encouraged more than I have discouraged when it comes to relationships. I pray that I am becoming more and more like the One who formed me while still in my mother’s womb (Jeremiah 1:4).

Here is some lists of things that happened…
This day in history

The Year I was born

The day I was born

Instead of gifts, feel free to send cold hard cash OR gift certificates to any good theological books store. Just kidding...just send the cash.

0 comments: