Monday, February 15, 2010

More than Gold 2010 - Vancouver: Days 6-7

On Sunday, the sun came out and we had a beautiful day to work outside. We started the day with worshipping with Royal Heights Baptist Church, which is the church where we have been sleeping. Lee Byrum, pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Craig, Colorado and I gave testimonies of what God has been doing through us since we arrived. Then the pastor gave a gift of hats with Canadian Hockey on it and "pastor" written on the back. Here are pictures of us receiving our hats and me sharing some stories of our encounters. (Click on the picture for a larger image):





After church, we served again at Main Street/Science Station. There were SO many people there because it was Sunday and the weekend was ending so everyone and their dog (literally) were out walking around. This station is one of the main spots in town so we were able to talk to a lot of people. However, I was not able to really talk in depth with anyone. I was able to tell many that we came here to give them some hot chocolate and to tell them I serve a God who is caring and who loves them.

As an interesting sidenote, I was interviewed by Baptist Press so I am hoping I will get in an article. That would be a neat momento. For those of you in Colorado, be looking for the article in the Rocky Mountain Baptist.

Mike, our leader, came to our spot and went out with a hot chocolate pack on his back. Here are some pictures of him (Click on the picture for a larger image):





Monday evening, we will be serving at a place called the Hobbit House. I do not even know what that means but it is a little house which is used by First Baptist Church. It is a little cafe where people can come and sit inside and have coffee and hot chocolate. We will be the first group from our group to serve at this place so it should be another aventure. We will serve 4:30 pm to 11:30 pm and then the train and bus ride home. Should be a more relaxed evening. I will fill you in on my next post. Rhonda and I made our way over there today. Here are some pictures (Click on the pictures for a larger image):



Continue to pray for us, for our safety, and for God to work in us to build His Kingdom in Vancouver.

0 comments: