Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Here I Go Again

Well…here I go again. I have begun my search again sending my resume out again to a few places. I sent resumes to a couple of churches, both for senior pastor positions. I also applied for director positions at two colleges: one director of their degree program and the other, director of their distance learning program. These last two really are the same as what I do now at Pikes Peak Bible Institute. So, I am back to square one and ready to go through more search committees.

I know God is still working and I trust He is doing the exact right thing to place me right where He wants me. In that vein, I heard a quote from William Carey, who is considered the father of modern missions. On May 30, 1792, he preached a sermon in which he said:

Expect great things from God. Attempt great things for God.

I have been searching for a ministry position for just about four years. Nevertheless, I expect God to do great things. In the mean time, I want to attempt great things for God.

I am still looking for places to submit my resume. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to post them. And to all my personal references on all these resumes I continue to post: I am sorry and get ready for another battery of question all about me.

0 comments: