Thursday, August 22, 2013

How I Spent My Tuesday and Wednesday

 
I live in beautiful state. One of the great benefits of living in Colorado is that when the state convention has conferences, I get to travel to various parts of the state and enjoy the beauty our God has created. This last Tuesday and Wednesday I attended a conference in Buena Vista, Colorado. As I drove there, I had to stop and take a picture of this scene (you HAVE to click the image for a larger picture - really...). Truly, what a beautiful vista this was. This picture was taken on Wilkerson Pass on Highway 24 about 45 miles east of Buena Vista. Just a benefit of going to the conference.

I have a little Fujifilm Finepix S1500 (I did not pay what it sells for on Amazon - I got it much cheaper) and it try to take it wherever I go in case I need to take a picture. One day I might join the 21st century and get an iPhone or a Galaxy or something like that and take pictures with my phone, but there is something satisfying about lining up a shot in your view finder, trying to capture the Rule of Thirds, and producing a picture like the one above (the picture above was captured using the panoramic option on the camera but I still tried to use the Rule of Thirds).

The conference was really good but the drive there and back was absolutely beautiful. In fact, I took the "Top of the Rockies National Scenic and Historic Byway" on the way home. Thank you, Yahweh, for the magnificence of Your creation!

Let me know what you think of the picture. Make sure you view it at 100%.

0 comments: